Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Michael Close: In Review

This e-book is available for download from MichaelClose.com. It contains ALL of Michael Close's MAGIC Magazine reviews from May 1995-April 2005. Over 1500 products are given thoughtful reviews. I know I do not always agree with Michael Close, but I do respect his opinion. Also, the fact that the PDF document is completely searchable is a great asset. I always consult this database before making a purchase. This is a steal at only $20.

Not only is it full of reviews, but often times Michael will provide entertaining antecdotes or suggestions during the course of the column. It is an entertaining read. Although I don't think you'll sit down and read every review, I can say that I've had a lot of fun just skimming down the pages and reading the ones that interest me. It's also kind of cool to search for products you already own as Michael frequently tells which routines he liked the most. More than once I've gone back to look at something in one of my old books or tapes that I had forgotten about.

The only downside to the book is that some of the reviews are printed more than once since you are reading Michael's original text. Some months a few reviews had to be pushed back into the next issue; the e-book will then include it in the following month as well. This, however, is not really much of a problem, because a simple click of a button sends you to the next review. The reviews are thoughtful and well written. You won't be disappointed. Highly recommended.

-Available from www.MichaelClose.com